A fresh, delicious recipe like this Mediterranean chickpea salad will leave you feeling energized and comfortable.
The fiber and protein rich chickpeas leave you feeling full for hours without a heavy feeling.
It can easily be your main dish for a meatless meal or be a yummy side to chicken, beef, or fish.
What you need:
- Chickpeas – these are a great source of fiber and protein
- Bell pepper – these add a great crunch to the salad and are packed with micronutrients
- Red onion – perfect for adding flavor to your salads and provide you with vitamins and minerals
- Cucumber – adds an extra layer of freshness and helps to balance the other flavors. Not to mention they are also packed with lots of good for you vitamins
- Tomato – filled with vitamins and adds flavor
- Feta cheese crumbles- Adds a delicious creaminess that I love to this recipe, but if you’re looking for a vegan option this could easily be left out
- Dressing – easy to make and so good, all you need it olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, oregano
How to make Mediterranean chickpea salad
You can either use canned chickpeas or soak them yourself, I usually opt for a low sodium canned chickpea for the convenience.
A tip for using canned chickpeas: be sure to rinse them before using as this helps to rinse extra salt off that was adding in the canning process.
In a large bowl, add chickpeas, bell pepper, tomato, red onion, feta cheese, and cucumber.
In a small bowl mix together the dressing, using olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, and oregano.
Pour the dressing into the larger bowl and stir.
The salad is delicious served both at room temperature or cold from the fridge.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge, usually will last about 5-7 days depending on how fresh your veggies were.
This recipe makes about 6 servings if ate as the main dish or more servings when eaten as a side dish.Print
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
With fresh veggies, feta cheese, and an easy dressing this Mediterranean chickpea salad recipe is the perfect side or main dish for any meal.
- 1 bell pepper (medium)
- 1/2 red onion (medium)
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas (low sodium, rinsed)
- 1 cucumber (medium)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (crumbles)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- In a large bowl, add chickpeas, diced vegetables, and feta cheese
- In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano to make dressing
- Pour dressing into large bowl and stir to combine ingredients
Store in airtight container for up to 7 days in the fridge