Have you ever wondered what the best way to make frozen French fries at home? Well, I’ve never found a better way to make fries at home than an air fryer, and I’ve tried a lot of different ways. Air fryer frozen French fries are lighter than when they are fried in oil and crisper than when cooking in the oven.
The way an air fryer circulates around the fries cooks them evenly and it’s an easy side to make while cooking the rest of dinner. Or even makes for the perfect snack.
What Type of Frozen French Fries to Use?
There are so many different types of cuts of fries to choose from and the cooking time for each varies based on the type of frozen fries.
Straight cut fries
Straight cut French fries is one of the most common cuts for fries and usually what most people think of. These tend to have one of the shorter cooking times, taking about 18-20 minutes to cook at 360 degrees F for 1 pound of frozen fries.
Waffle fries are the quickest to cook. The holes in the fries allow the air to flow around them easily and cooking them quicker. 1 pound of frozen waffle fries takes about 14-16 minutes at 360 degrees F.
Steak fries take the longest to cook because of the thick cut of steak fries. 1 pound of steak fries takes about 22-25 minutes to cook at 360 degrees F.
Air fryer frozen curly fries are delicious and cooked in about 20-22 minutes at 360 degrees F.
How To Make Frozen Fries in Air Fryer
1. Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees F
2. Cook frozen french fries in air fryer for about 8-10 minutes. Flip or shake fries.
3. Cook for additional 8-10 minutes. Check on fries occasionally for desired crispness
French Fry Seasoning
Looking to mix up your fry seasoning? Try one of these spice blends.
- Cajun: chili powder, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, oregano, cayenne, paprika, onion powder
- Garlic Parmesan: garlic powder, salt, black pepper, grated parmesan, parsley
- Lawry’s seasoning salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper and dash of salt
- Onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, basil