For years I believed I could motivate myself through making myself feel bad. I didn’t consciously realize I was doing this, but it was what I did. It seemed useful because it would lead to some actions for a little bit.
But using not wanting to feel bad as my motivation never lead me to any consistent changes. And I’ve seen this in my clients too. If you want to stay motivated to consistently exercise and do healthy habits, it takes growing your relationship with yourself.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why most people fell into the habit of believing motivated through shame and negativity works
- Why it never really works to use shame for long term motivation
- How building self-love, self-trust, and compassion creates long term motivation for health, intuitive eating, exercising, and more
- Please write a review! It means so much to me and helps the podcast reach other people who would find this content helpful.
- Get my 3 Steps to Stop Emotional Eating guide here
- Want to work with me 1:1 to stop thinking about food all the time, feel better physically, and finally feel comfortable with your body? Schedule your free consult call here to learn more and walk away knowing exactly how to make it happen for you.