This cinnamon and oatmeal stuffed baked apple recipe is simple to make and mouth-wateringly delicious. Perfect served plain or with a side of vanilla ice cream or whip cream.
- 8 apples
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Using a paring knife, cut off the bottom of apples, removing the bottom part of the core and trim bottom so the apples can easily stand.
- Next use a paring knife to cut around the core from the top and narrow spoon or butter knife to scoop out the seeds and core. Try to leave about 1/4 to 1/2 inch to hold the filling
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, sugar and walnuts
- Stuff each apple with the cinnamon oatmeal filling and place on baking sheet
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees F, the apples should be soft to the touch but not mushy
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30