With warm cinnamon apples and a crunchy oatmeal topping this simple apple crumble recipe is perfect any time of year.
How To Make Easy Apple Crumble
How to make the crumble topping
- In a medium bowl, combine ½ tsp cinnamon, brown sugar, oatmeal, and flour. Stir until combined.
- Stir melted butter into dry ingredients to create a crumble. *be careful not to overstir if you would like larger pieces of crumble
- Set aside for later
Putting it all together
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C)
- Peel and slice 4 cups of apples, and put apple slices into a 9-inch baking dish
- Mix 2 tbsp of white sugar and 1 ½ tsp of cinnamon into the apples
- Evenly spread crumble topping over apples
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about one hour, until topping is golden brown and firm to the touch
Is Apple Crumble Healthy?
Yes! Apple crumble can be part of a healthy diet.
Healthy is such an ambiguous term and what is healthy to one isn’t to the next person. But take it from a dietitian, apple crumble can definitely be included in your diet as long as you are paying attention to what your body needs.
How To Make Apple Crumble Gluten Free
If you have an allergy or intolerance to gluten, this recipe is easy to turn gluten free.
Oats are naturally gluten free. Just be careful if the oats you buy come from a facility that also processes flour products because there could be some cross contamination, meaning small amounts of gluten could be present.
The flour in this recipe helps with binding the crumble together. It can easily be swapped for any type of gluten free flour.
This recipe is delicious plain or served with a topping. Try it with plain yogurt, whipped cream, or with vanilla ice cream.Print