This 4-ingredient guacamole recipe is so delicious, and the bonus is it’s so quick to make. This will be the perfect addition for your next taco night. Its amazing served with chips, tacos, burrito bowls, steak fajitas, and more.
Avocados are full of healthy unsaturated fats and other micronutrients. Making guacamole both a tasty side and healthy too. Like with these steak fajitas
How to pick a good avocado?
The color of avocados can vary slightly, so the best way to pick a good avocado is to feel how firm it is. You want to choose an avocado that feels slightly soft to the touch. Depending on when you are planning to use your avocado, you can either store them in the fridge to slow down the ripening process or leave them on the counter to ripen faster.
How to make homemade guacamole seasoning?
I like to mix up a few batches of this homemade guacamole seasoning to have on hand for whenever I make guacamole. It’s simple and easy to make (and you probably have most of these in your spice cabinet).
Here the ingredients to make up 1 batch of the guacamole seasoning:
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Dash of ground black pepper
How to remove an avocado pit
1. Cut your avocado in half
2. The best way I have found to remove an avocado pit is to VERY carefully hit the pit with a knife so the knife cuts in to the pit (see picture below).
3. Twist avocado and knife in opposite directions to loosen and remove the pit. Then carefully push the pit off of the knife.
After you have removed the avocado pits, take a spoon and slide it against the skin of the avocado to remove it. Then put the avocados on a plate, cutting board, or bowl.
Steps to make this 4-ingredient guacamole recipe
Add diced onion, guacamole seasoning, and lemon juice to the avocado.
Mash the avocado (I usually like to cut my avocado before mashing just to make it go a little faster).
This 4-ingredent guacamole recipe is usually best served the same day.
How to keep guacamole fresh longer
The vitamin C in the lemon juice helps to keep the avocado from browning, but if you plan to take the recipe to an event or store in the fridge you can help to the homemade guacamole fresher by:
- Putting the pit into the container with the guacamole
- Seal in air tight container with plastic wrap against the homemade guacamole
- If there is some browning on top, you can scrape it off a layer to reveal the guacamole beneath that will still be green because it wasn’t exposed to oxygen for as long